Have Fire Newt Now What Do I Do?

Anwil

Reaction score
Ok so I was in my lfs and he had these two fire newts and I just had to have one.
All he knew about them was that they are live food eaters, and so that is all I know. Iv been looking but cant seem to find any more info.
He ate a worm yesterday but not today, however he went nuts when I put frozen brine shrimp in for the fish but couldnt get much at all.
Need to know temp, habits, etc. etc.
If you want to tell me how foolish buying anything living is when I dont know anything about it go ahead however Id find advise I can use more helpful. :/

Thanks for link been there and many other places now and what I can say without a doubt is that it is not a japanise fire bellied newt, to big and wrong colour. Iv got some general newt type facts and he is eating earthworms and wax worms but I think he's thick and poor sighted. but very very cute and lots of personalaty. Ill keep reading and looking for his pedigree so that I know better what Im doing.

Ok tryed a search for you and couldn't find much thought you got the name wrong.
Good luck, yes more info is knowledge so you know what you are doing.
Though its best to know the knowledge before you buy a fish.

Thanks for link been there and many other places now and what I can say without a doubt is that it is not a japanise fire bellied newt, to big and wrong colour. Iv got some general newt type facts and he is eating earthworms and wax worms but I think he's thick and poor sighted. but very very cute and lots of personalaty. Ill keep reading and looking for his pedigree so that I know better what Im doing.
Im adding some pics if anybody can tell me who the little guy is that would be very cool.

I would put the pic up in tropical chit chat more members go over there.

Most reactions

Back