has anyone ever used this ???
and if so would you recommend it
if not
does it look good
ive got a 80l tank

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/tmc-aquagro-co2-starter-kit-p-3416.html
:drink:

No, I've not used it...yet.

I saw this kit earlier this week in our local Maidenhead Aquatics and thought about buying it. Then had second thoughts and got to thinking that perhaps I should do a little more research on it before going any further.

I will watch this thread with interest :good:

ive just found this link whist looking for reviews of it

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/281295-nutrifin-co2/

not sure weather its the same as non of the links are showing up for me but its worth a look

will do as soon as it comes although i dont know what im looking for really lol i orderd the thing didnt get nothing else so hopefully thats all ill need

total waste of time, the tiny cannister isnt going to last long, the co2 will fluctuate everytime you push the button which is worse than having no co2 at all.
perhaps it might be more useful on a 20L tank, but anything more than that, i would be looking at going pressuised.
it will probably be more cost effective over time (on an 80L tank) and you will get stable co2 leading to healthier happier plants.

total waste of time, the tiny cannister isnt going to last long, the co2 will fluctuate everytime you push the button which is worse than having no co2 at all.
perhaps it might be more useful on a 20L tank, but anything more than that, i would be looking at going pressuised.
it will probably be more cost effective over time (on an 80L tank) and you will get stable co2 leading to healthier happier plants.

+1, it's a terrible system IMO, if you want a pressurised kit, get a DIY fire extinguisher set up.

Ive bought it now it came today soo ill just see how it goes but

I got it this morning easy as abc to set up instructions are good i sprayed it once when i 1st got it as it says and then again tonight
I think it will be like that spray it once in the morning when i get up and once at night then it should be alright. And even if it helps my plants abit something is better than nothing and if it dont help at all ill just know not to get another

it aint bad its not a chore to top it up. I understand people saying it isn't as good as pressured but as a cheaper version its alright. Obviously when on holiday the can cant be pressed so will go without unless you trust someone enough to them to do it isn't hard but if they put too much in as it says on the box can kill the fish.

I spoke to someone at a LFS earlier who was having trouble growing plants in once of their tanks they but the tetra equivalent and he said it has got the plants thriving so i just think its mixed views although if your looking for a cheap alternative for the time being untill you can afford a pressurized co2 then its not bad. The tetra version one can does up to 100l so weather you can just use a splitter for more cans or what ever one my one the aqua gro version the defusers can be attached together for the more bottles needed. but yea it doesn't seem to be doinging any harm which is a good sign :good:

Ive bought it now it came today soo ill just see how it goes but

I got it this morning easy as abc to set up instructions are good i sprayed it once when i 1st got it as it says and then again tonight
I think it will be like that spray it once in the morning when i get up and once at night then it should be alright. And even if it helps my plants abit something is better than nothing and if it dont help at all ill just know not to get another

yeah if you are using it dont spray at night as plants dont absorb c02 at night so is wasting c02

(had this on a 40litre and got very bad algea)

Most reactions

Back