Happy (belated) Birthday to AdoraBelle Dearheart

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
This is a couple of days late and I had actually planned on doing this on the 21st but did my usual and forgot what day it is. I even screen shotted a comment you made about your birthday being in 2 days and forgot about it.
I don't know what day it is anymore :(

Happy Birthday to you.
You live in a zoo (close to it with all the animals)
You act like a monkey
And you look like one too 🐵
Well, a human monkey :)

Here's hoping you had a moderately ok birthday, or as good as possible considering the things going on around you. Hopefully next year will be significantly better and you can have a decent party 🥳 🎂 :cake:

Happy Birthday @AdoraBelle Dearheart
I baked you a cake. I finished eating it today. It was delicious.
1706068565286.jpeg

Last edited:
This is a couple of days late and I had actually planned on doing this on the 21st but did my usual and forgot what day it is. I even screen shotted a comment you made about your birthday being in 2 days

This, and making this thread, is so sweet and considerate, thank you!! It was the 20th, and I never make a big deal out of my birthday anyway! It's not a great time of year for celebrations. Everyone is tired, partied out, and have received their post holiday season credit card bills, and financially strapped, and the weather is always terrible in January, so outdoor party/activity type things don't really work either!

For my 30th, I told me closest friends that I'd decided to move my birthday to the Summer. The Queen had two Birthdays, why can't I? So we'd do a fancy dress pub crawl and BBQ thing. It was fun! I found a peacock feathered corset and mask, peacock 1920s style headband, friend did my hair all nice since I'm useless at styling my hair, and we got rather drunk. It was a good time. :)

The fact you noticed, thought about it enough to screenshot it and make this, even a few days late, is lovely, and has given me a smile to start my day! Thank you :flowers:♥️
and forgot about it.
I don't know what day it is anymore :(
I very much know the feeling! Don't worry about it, we're in the same boat there!
Happy Birthday to you.
You live in a zoo (close to it with all the animals)
You act like a monkey
And you look like one too 🐵
Well, a human monkey :)
The adaptation! :lol:
Here's hoping you had a moderately ok birthday, or as good as possible considering the things going on around you. Hopefully next year will be significantly better and you can have a decent party 🥳 🎂 :cake:
That sounds like a good plan, and I shall certainly try for that!
Happy birthday, Adora! I hope you at least got to have some cake ❤️🎂

Thank you! Nope, no cake, sadly :( @Fishmanic ate it all! o_O

But, I haven't had much appetite anyway, and I'm pleased to have lost a stone since Christmas, so trying to eat healthier anyhow! :banana:

This, and making this thread, is so sweet and considerate, thank you!! It was the 20th, and I never make a big deal out of my birthday anyway! It's not a great time of year for celebrations. Everyone is tired, partied out, and have received their post holiday season credit card bills, and financially strapped, and the weather is always terrible in January, so outdoor party/activity type things don't really work either!
Drats, I got the date wrong. Silly clocks in different parts of the world. It said the 19 here but only the 18 where you are :)

For my 30th, I told me closest friends that I'd decided to move my birthday to the Summer. The Queen had two Birthdays, why can't I? So we'd do a fancy dress pub crawl and BBQ thing. It was fun! I found a peacock feathered corset and mask, peacock 1920s style headband, friend did my hair all nice since I'm useless at styling my hair, and we got rather drunk. It was a good time. :)
2 birthdays sounds good, especially for people born around Christmas or New year. That would solve the issue of Christmas presents only because their birthday is the same day as Christmas. And your fancy dress pub crawl sounds like a blast. Maybe do it again this year, mid year when the weather is warmer and things have settled down. :)

Belated Happy Birthday from me too.

I know what you mean about January birthdays. Although mine is in the summer, my Dad's was the very end of December and my sister's was New Years Day. She always hated getting joint Christmas-birthday presents. Mind you, we bought our son a Christmas -birthday present this year and his birthday is July, something expensive that he needed so he suggested the joint day present.

Too relatable 😂 also happy birthday :cake:

Haha, do you have a Christmas/Post Christmas Birthday too? I always felt bad for people born on Christmas Day, since the day would never be solely about their Birthday! New Years Eve isn't great either, but at least as an adult, there are always other parties going on you and your friends can go to!

But post Christmas, everyone skint and tired of parties and getting tipsy, and the weather is miserable too? Sucks! As a kid I really wished I was one of those kids with a Birthday in summer who had pool parties or outdoor adventure activities for their Birthday! So yes, especially for a big occasion Birthday, no one should hesitate to say "I'm shifting my Birthday celebration to May so we can go paintballing or have a picnic in the park/go on a trip" whatever!

My 30th was the best, so I've decided I'll just remain 30 forever. Or until something tops it perhaps. People aren't meant to ask a lady her age anyway, and historically, it's perfectly permissible for a woman to lie about her age. :lol:
Drats, I got the date wrong. Silly clocks in different parts of the world. It said the 19 here but only the 18 where you are :)
The time zone differences throw me all the time too, don't worry about it for a moment, this is still really sweet, and appreciated! Thank you, @Colin_T :friends:You're the loveliest cat-eating werewolf fish keeper I've ever met! ;):lol:♥️
2 birthdays sounds good, especially for people born around Christmas or New year. That would solve the issue of Christmas presents only because their birthday is the same day as Christmas. And your fancy dress pub crawl sounds like a blast. Maybe do it again this year, mid year when the weather is warmer and things have settled down. :)

Definitely a good idea and fun when in your teens/twenties/thirties! I've now reached the age (honorary 30, but realistically a wee bit older than that *cough*) where I no longer enjoy getting drunk and being in loud, noisy places or partying like that! I did plenty of that in my teens and twenties, a more chilled/mature version for my 30th, and myself and my closest friend have always preferred quiet countryside walks and pubs where you can have a meal and conversation, rather than wild New Years, Christmas, or Birthday parties! We've decided that we're those kind of people and prefer calmer, quieter gatherings and got the wild partying out of our systems in our misspent youths. :lol:

My folks were the same really, didn't want a big fuss made over them for their birthdays. Only wanted a card and didn't want us to spend too much money on them for their Birthdays - dad would tell me off most years for "going mad" because I loved Christmas and Birthday shopping for other people, and finding things I thought they'd love - but never really cared what I got for myself! Something small, but thoughtful, means a lot more to me than something expensive and impersonal, I think the same goes for a lot of people I'm sure! Dad certainly appreciated it when I found something personally meaningful to him, same for mum. ♥️

One of the best gifts I ever got for dad was a silly stocking stuffer I found for a pound! It's a nodding head on a spring thing, model of a standing crab that looks like an old man wearing glasses, with "old crab" written on the chest. When I saw it, the face and the glasses really resembled my dad! And we always used to tease him about being a grumpy old man, and he'd lean into that and be playfully grumpy (when he wasn't truly grumpy, anyway. If he was actually grumpy, not a good idea to tease him!) so I had to wrap it and add it to his gifts. He laughed like I've never seen before when he opened it and really looked at it! Everyone agreed it looked like him, and he proudly displayed it on his kitchen shelf, and still referred to it as one of the best presents. Just a random little fun thing I came across that cost a quid! It's currently wrapped safely and in a sentimental memory box.

Belated Happy Birthday from me too.

I know what you mean about January birthdays. Although mine is in the summer, my Dad's was the very end of December and my sister's was New Years Day. She always hated getting joint Christmas-birthday presents. Mind you, we bought our son a Christmas -birthday present this year and his birthday is July, something expensive that he needed so he suggested the joint day present.

Thank you, Essjay! ♥️
Ah yes, the joint gifts! Mum made sure that my Birthday was separated from Christmas, and at least mine is late Jan, so not so many tried that. But when I was younger and they were going to get something more expensive, I was happy enough to have whatever it was a joint Christmas/Birthday thing! Like with your son, sometimes it's a good thing, and I didn't mind when it was for something bigger like that. I think it's more when it's a kid with a Birthday on or near Christmas, and friends and relatives just give the one gift saying it's for their Birthday/Christmas combined, like they couldn't be bothered, or being cheap and not so thoughtful that the joint gifts bother people.

Heck, when I was looking for a rescue dog around my 30th, my folks suggested they'd cover the adoption fees and first vet bills as a joint B'day/Christmas thing, and that was great for me! Ended up 'rescuing' her from a backyard breeder bad situation in the end, but that's how I wound up getting Pixie anyway, and she's the best gift I could have ever wanted. ♥️♥️♥️

Haha, do you have a Christmas/Post Christmas Birthday too? I always felt bad for people born on Christmas Day, since the day would never be solely about their Birthday! New Years Eve isn't great either, but at least as an adult, there are always other parties going on you and your friends can go to!
On the last day 😂 31st December

Most reactions

Back