hands up who thinks this is wrong

There is a pwerson I know that has two goldfish in a tank with no filter, no light and no air flow.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aye

• Total voters
poor goldie :(

how big is the tank? ????

That doesn't sound right to me. But then some minds are very small.

Are there at least plants in the tank? Dumb question. No light no plants. Well the poor things won't likely live long.

nope no lights nothing, just stones and water, the tank is one of those hoodless bowls that you get, you know with the plastic lids with a big hole in it. :crazy:

Definatley.

I don't even agree with keeping common goldfish uin tanks at all. Besides that all goldfish are extremely messy and need a lot of water volume to dilute the waste, having no filter means their can be very litle good bacteria and no circulation. It being a bowl leaves no room to swim.

It's all wrong and the 4 that said 'nae' want a slap.

Educate that person fast! :crazy:

See the problems is that goldfish can be so tough, they sometimes can deal with the worst conditions and dont die.

So it makes people think they are not doing anything wrong ;)

I had 2 goldfish that lived in a bowl for 7 years....I changed the water when the algae was so bad I couldn't see the fish....at which time I scrubbed out the ornaments, plants, bowl, with a scourer and a squirt of bleach....I am not sure of the exact volume, but I doubt it would have been one gallon.

The fish were healthy and seemed happy....until the cat got hungry one day.... -_-

OBVIOUSLY it was before I knew how to keep fish properly....

IMO: Gold fish don't belong in tanks. They are pond and lake fish. Some will stay small enought to make it in a big tank but never in a bowl.

To be honest the original question is not that clearly worded. Perhaps they are saying Nae to "two goldfish in a tank with no filter, no light and no air flow"?

Most reactions

Back