GUPPYS

SHANTYMAID

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
:lol: Hiya folks, well i was given a batch of guppy babys about 4 weeks ago, and i wont to find out how old do they have to be before the mating starts :wub: They are about 7weeks old now but i have noticed that the males now are shadowing the females. :hey:
I have quite a few males in this batch i think so i will be having to take a few out, as im trying to keep the 2 females to 1 male ratio, thanks for info Shanna

Guppies reach the mating stage around 6 months. It's good that you have 2 females for every male because if you didn't, the female would get tired from all that running away from the males :S

:D Hiya thanks for the info Guppy, first time i have ever had them and i must admit im really in love with the little things :wub: . Will have to see how the romance progresses :D as i say first time for me to keep livebearers it's normally gouramis or paradise fish. :wub: Thanks

Shanna

Hi ya,

Just make sure you have plenty of cover for the little uns when the females start dropping young.

As soon as you can sex them they will start with the reproduction.

I have always said that reincarnation exists i would like to be a male guppy for three reasons.

1) they are always eating :lol:
2) they are always at it :lol:
3) have you seen the size of the gonopodium on em! I would be proud to be swinging one of them about! :rofl:

anyway......

appologies for my humour.

Most reactions

Back