Guppy tank

strangeworld2002

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi I have a 100l tank with 4 guppies in at the moment, 3 female and 1 male. I can't seem to get the balance right so wondered if you could help.

They spend a lot of time surface skimming near the filter outlet but not a lot of swimming. The filter outlet is breaking the water surface and I do have an air stone but whether its on or not their behaviour doesn't change. There are 2 large java ferns in the tank, java moss and 2 anubias nana.

They all eat fine the temp is at 76.

There is a reading for ammonia and the tank is still cycling after 4 weeks however the PH is 6 and due to the plants I have been advised that it is less toxic due to the plants and the PH being low. I do dose with Prime on occasion to detoxify any ammonia and the tank had a 30% water change a few days ago.

Is it the temp? Oxygen problems? PH?

20230211_104328.jpg

Actually it occurred to me that one might be close to giving birth its only the females that are staying at the top. If one is ready to pop would the others hang around it do you think?

You could increase the PH a bit more. These guppies are large finned guppies which do better at a pH of 7 and up. Short finned guppies will be fine at this pH.

Most reactions

Back