Guppy Lovers

veil92

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Never seen one like this around here, so I had to get him. ^_^

SANY0019.jpg

Well i havent seen anything like that over here. An awesome looking fish!!

Wow gorgeus fish think you better keep youre eyes open for a matching female mate as i am sure a few people on here will be wanting a few lol :shifty:

Thanks everyone. When I can I'll get more pics.
I'm not sure about the breeding as the gonopodium fin is too long. That isn't stopping him from trying though. B-)

thats a lyretail gene that show's the long fins as a trate.

still a nice fish!

thats a lyretail gene that show's the long fins as a trate.

still a nice fish!

Thanks helterskelter. I have a question about that.

I've seen on YOUTUBE where that guppy's gonopodium fin is long and chewed up looking. But on the guppy I have, the fin is just long yet organized, where he flexes it in front of the female and he's trying to mate. Is it possible for him to actually breed?

It's a shame for him but not they cant breed, you have to breed a normal male carrying the gene with a layertail females to get true layretaile fry.

Some people have talked about trimming the gonopodium but i dont believe it would work.

Males can try to breed but they don't understand that their gonopodium is 10 times larger than normal!!!!!

How ever the brother's with normal gonopodiums may still carry the lyretail gene so breeding them with with a female will produce over 50% lyretail fry.

I'm sorry, but I have to say this... I find it hilarious that a large gonopodium is the problem... usually it's the other way around! :lol:

Very nice fish veil, as ever. You always know how to make me jealous of your fish.

Most reactions

Back