Guppy Fry

mrsdragon

Reaction score
The pregnant guppy I just got a few days ago decided to drop her fry. It's is the first guppy fry I've dealt with. I captured about 12 fry and put them in my 10g nursery. I scooped the momma into a small breeder which I have hanging in the 20g community tank. Will she do ok in the breeder or should I put her in the nursery tank? (It's probably important to know that I have about 40 1 week old panda platy fry in the nursery tank already.) how any fry should I expect from this guppy? And about how long will it take her to birth? My platy took about 8 hours. Thanks in advance for the help!

If she's a young guppy then 12 might be all she has. there first brood is usualy 8-20 fry, my new guppy had 8 fry (4 weeks ago), i scooped them out and put them in my 35lrt tank, they have now been joined by molly fry and 1 other baby guppy (sadly i didnt know she was going to drop so the others must have been eaten up by my danios). Some guppies are fine in the breeder, others will find it too stressful, as long as she looks relaxed she will probably be fine. If theres no sign of more fry after a while then i would return her to the tank.

I would let the female guppy swim freely in the community tank and not put her in the nursery (in case she is a fry eater).

Most reactions

Back