Guppy fry

charliecanskatesome

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have about 40 fancy guppy fry. Are these worth anything at a local fish store? Will they even buy them? The tank is getting a little overcrowded and my oscars might like a little treat but i think i could trade them in for pellets or something which are probably better for oscars anyway. (sorry long sentence)

All you needed was one comma and it would have been fine. :D

I'm afraid that you aren't going to get much, if anything for your fish. Some stores pay for livebearers, but most don't. You might be able to find a place that'll take them, though.

charliecanskatesome said:
I have about 40 fancy guppy fry. Are these worth anything at a local fish store? Will they even buy them? The tank is getting a little overcrowded and my oscars might like a little treat but i think i could trade them in for pellets or something which are probably better for oscars anyway. (sorry long sentence)
mine gives me some credit, like a couple of dollars for the amount you were talking about. That may not seem like much, but after you do it a couple of times, you build up a nice little credit, good for food or whatever you like. do you have a lfs that you really love and frequent a lot?

I don't think any of my lfs offer credit. One has a tank for donated fish, but no credit is given.

Tenko said:
I don't think any of my lfs offer credit. One has a tank for donated fish, but no credit is given.
well that is stinky of them! :grr:

Most reactions

Back