Guppy endler tail differences!

Divinityinlove

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I allowed some guppy endler interbreeding and I was in love with thr colours and tail formation. But this one particular guy has the coolest tail I've ever seen! It is rounded with a sword like extended almost like a stinger! Anyone seen that before?
IMG_20240813_120802.jpg

IMG_20240813_120803.jpg

IMG_20240813_120812.jpg

IMG_20240813_120801.jpg

We call that a pin tail...
Pin tail guppies do exist already for decades. Through retail you'll hardly find them again nowadays. They're still around in the show segment. But back in the 1970's till mid 1980's they were also sold through retail.
I myself havern't seen them in an endler hybrid until now. If you like the shape, you could try to linebreed this trait.

He's very cool! I love seeing the different tail shapes and colours my current guppy/Endler hybrid tank are throwing! All different tail shapes! Some fairly "normal" guppy and delta types, but also ones like a male that has a tiny bright orangey red tail but swims like a beast after the girls! Most of mine are a blue/purple - I don't know the names for all the tail shapes and colours, and have been meaning to take some photos. Someone please remind me when I return from my one night holiday! :)

Haven't seen one the same as yours though yet! 😍

I also just bagged up about 20 males, females and youngsters for someone who said her daughter was upset because every guppy they bought died. I explained to her about mass farmed, unhealthy guppies produced abroad and shipped here, and how weak and unhealthy they usually are. She had been stressing, saying she was testing the water and it coming out perfect, doing everything she could, but they kept dying on them. Said I had spare guppies, did she want some? Gave her about 20, mix of males, females and young, told her she wouldn't have the same problem with these, they've been born here in my tank, healthy and robust, and won't keel over in a day or week. She seemed pleased, said I'd be making a little girl very happy, which makes me smile. :)

He's very cool! I love seeing the different tail shapes and colours my current guppy/Endler hybrid tank are throwing! All different tail shapes! Some fairly "normal" guppy and delta types, but also ones like a male that has a tiny bright orangey red tail but swims like a beast after the girls! Most of mine are a blue/purple - I don't know the names for all the tail shapes and colours, and have been meaning to take some photos. Someone please remind me when I return from my one night holiday! :)

Haven't seen one the same as yours though yet! 😍

I also just bagged up about 20 males, females and youngsters for someone who said her daughter was upset because every guppy they bought died. I explained to her about mass farmed, unhealthy guppies produced abroad and shipped here, and how weak and unhealthy they usually are. She had been stressing, saying she was testing the water and it coming out perfect, doing everything she could, but they kept dying on them. Said I had spare guppies, did she want some? Gave her about 20, mix of males, females and young, told her she wouldn't have the same problem with these, they've been born here in my tank, healthy and robust, and won't keel over in a day or week. She seemed pleased, said I'd be making a little girl very happy, which makes me smile. :)
You may have planted the seeds for the next generation of an aquarium fish keeper . I like that .

That itself makes a proud feeling already...
Yes, just knew what she meant about guppies keeping over despite bending over backwards & multiple attempts, because I went through the same- and almost gave up the hobby, feeling like a fish murderer!

So when she said that, I was happy to be able to tell her "it's not yr fault. You did the cycling, testing, plants etc" and explain how weak shop bought guppies often are now, that I went through the same.
You may have planted the seeds for the next generation of an aquarium fish keeper . I like that .
I hadn't thought of that! I hope so 🥰 was just thinking I have hardy home bred guppies that aren't all going to keel over a day or two later, needed to re-home some anyhow!

But she'd said they only had tetra left now & had given up on guppies. But said yes when I offered, & it being a mix of males, females & fry, I imagine that'll hook the daughters interest in the tank more! Tetra unlikely to just breed in the tank, but seeing baby live bearers born, growing up, colouring up- that's fun, and how a lot of us got started! 😊

Fingers crossed for a new generation hobbyist in the making. ☺️

Most reactions

Back