guppy babies

i try but i think maybe their getting eaten but somehow the babies are out of the net and the moms in the net... maybe she had em before i put them in the net... but they keep coming oe maybe they come out of hiding...i have another one out of the net but its about 7/8 of the size of the one in the net.

what kind of net are you keeping them in? they're sneaky little monkies they'll get out the smallest of holes... my suggestion would be to scoop them out when you see them (I use a turkey baster [good suction ;)] ) then put them in some kind of container or smaller bowl or aquarium. Then they'll be safe. But if you do do it that way if they don't have a filter do water changes everyday to keep them oxygenated ;)

Congratulations!!!!!! :thumbs: My dad did have about 7 baby guppies but we let them out of the net to early. We only have 1 now. :sad: But it seems to be fine now.

Use a turkey baster. That's what I use to catch fry. They don't suspect either and you can suck them out of the tighest corners. A net is too big and cumbersome.

Most reactions

Back