Guppies

heather

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i have 2 pregnant guppies in the birthing tank i looked 2day and saw a baby fry i quickley turned the filter of i dont know withch 1 has given birth both there bellys are big still and i can only see 4 babies ,how many babies do they have ? when will they need feeding? will the filter be ok being turned off ? this is new to me as i have never had fry before so any advice would be great thanks please replie soon as i dont know what to do ,,

hi,
tuning off your filter will in time kill off your good bacteria,
what kind of filter is it ?how big is your birthing tank?
fry like to hide have you any hiding places in there?
my guppy had 30 fry, some have more or less.
as for feeding they are born with a small yoke sack which they will get goodness from for a short time,
i feed mine crushed up flake grind it to a powder,you can get fry food.i feed mine within 24-48hrs,
because they have small bellys they need a small amount 2-3 times a day,some people may feed theirs more often,you did the best thing by having the mums in the birthing tank :nod: its a lot less stressful for them :) fry are so cute :wub: congrats on them. ;)

the filter is only a small 1 they aare in a 1 half foot tank there is now 7 that have arrived ,,do you think i need to turn the filter back on ,?they have slate that is made into a cave to hide in ,, thanks if you have any more advice please post i do appreciate peoples opinions and advice thanks again ,,

hi again,
is there any way the fry will get sucked into the filter?
if so i think you could get some fine mesh to stop them getting in.
i would turn the filter back on.

ok thanks i will have to have a look to see what i can find ,, maybe some tights i wonder if that would work ?thanks for advice

yes tights do the job
hope there getting on fine
ive just got my 1st lot of guppies big anough to sell

ive only got 6 baby fry .. i did see 1 dead as she deliverd it but she still looks fat ,,will she give birth to any more in the next couple of days

Most reactions

Back