Guppies And Bettas?

Wouldn't try it..it may work out, but unless you have a separate tank if things go bad, I wouldn't try it.

It's not recommended, often (depending on the Betta) the Betta will nip the guppies find as the Betta can think of the guppies as another Betta so aggression often occurs.

Been doing loads of research on this myself.

No experience but all my obsessive research has concluded male guppies and male bettas is a no no. Female betta may be less inclined to be aggressive towards male guppies with their flowy colourful tail (that male betta would potentially attack due to mistaking it for other male betta) female betta and female guppies looks like its unlikely to be a problem. Of course females tend to be less impressive specemins in both species.

I would also say no. My male betta came from a tank of guppies, that didn't matter, as soon as the tank lights came back on in the morning, my guppies had missing tails. As a result my betta is now rehomed and my solid black male guppy didn't recover and died. So it wasn't even a bright colour.

When I looked into it, I came to the conclusion that male guppies are a no-no with male bettas, but females are ok and have had 2 female guppies with a male betta since then, now with a bristlenose catfish.

Most reactions

Back