Green Terror

PDX

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Is it possible to keep a green terror with other fish with little or no rish of the Terror "Terrorising" them?

Would bottom feeders be compatible?

Also what size tank would be required i have a deep almost 4 foot tank waiting to be set up...

Mine currently lives with my 3 Hoplo catfish and will be moving to my new 125 gal very shortly with the Hoplo's, a sailfin and an Oscar. He is currently only about 4 inches.

Mine currently lives with my 3 Hoplo catfish and will be moving to my new 125 gal very shortly with the Hoplo's, a sailfin and an Oscar. He is currently only about 4 inches.

How would a Terror cope in a 50-60US Gal tank? And would he mix with any of the following?

Common Plec
Combtail Paradise Fish x 2
Parrot Fish (I'm thinking not so much)

Also if i was getting a terror he would be a juvenile... if that makes any difference

How would a Terror cope in a 50-60US Gal tank? And would he mix with any of the following?

Common Plec
Combtail Paradise Fish x 2
Parrot Fish (I'm thinking not so much)

Also if i was getting a terror he would be a juvenile... if that makes any difference
I don't think a parrot would be able to match a rivulatus but the comtails are certainly tough enough. Have you considered Geophagus brasiliensis instead?

Dont think your really supposed to put parrots with other large cichlids. If they come to blows, the parrot CANNOT fight back - he cant open or close his mouth!!! :crazy:

The green terror will be fine in your tank. If i were you, i wouldnt get the parrot fish. The green terror may also kill your paradise fish, but he may not. It depends on the temperment of your specific green terror. He may ignore them, or eat them. :p

I already have the fish listed but they are currently cramped in a 30US Gal tank with other fish... would the parrots be ok in the 30 gal?

Also how would Clown Loaches fair in a tank with the terror?

I think you should drop the parrots, they shouldnt go in a 30 gal. I think large clown loaches would be ok with the green terror. Try and get a baby green terror and grow it up with larger clown loaches and you should be fine. There is always a possibilitiy of the green terror killing them though.

I agree, the CL's should be fine if they are large enough and a common Plec will be fine. Parrots i would not go for, a green terror could easily make mincemeat of them. Paradise fish....maybe but risky.

Is it possible to keep a green terror with other fish with little or no rish of the Terror "Terrorising" them?

Would bottom feeders be compatible?

Also what size tank would be required i have a deep almost 4 foot tank waiting to be set up...

Green Terror's don't get there name for nothin i have 3 Goldsaums ( The false Green terror ) people tend to mix the 2 species up and these fish are often sold as green terrors. I have a 180 gallon with :

1x Flower horn ( Jin Gang)
1x Male gold severum
1x Firemouth
1x Red devil midas
2x Texas Cichlids
3x Goldsaums

All these fish of mine live fine together when providing for cichlids provide plenty of swim space, plenty of caves and open area for them to dig.

Green Terror's don't get there name for nothin i have 3 Goldsaums ( The false Green terror ) people tend to mix the 2 species up and these fish are often sold as green terrors.

I understood that Gold Saum's and Green terror's are the same fish and these are just 2 different common names used for Aequidens rivulatus. All the info i can find on Google etc also points to this. Can anyone confirm?

Most reactions

Back