gravel

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fishman29

Reaction score
hi,
my name is andre and for christmas i am going to be getting a new 29 gallon aquarium. I was wondering if you no how many pounds of gravel I should put in it.

another question: ok, right now in my 10 gallon setup i have 3 blue gouramis, 2 dwarf gouramis, 2 guppys,and 1 platys. when i get my 29 gallon setup for christmas :D what other fish do you think i should add? :fish:

Hi there and welcome. I'm a novice at the hobby, but I believe the rule of thumb is 1 pound of gravel for every gallon of water. That would mean 29 pounds of gravel in your situation. Although, I usually tend to use slightly more than 1 pound per gallon.

Are you planning to migrate all of those fish from the 10 gallon to the new tank? :blink: Why not keep them where they are and get new/different fish for the new tank? :)

I'm curious to know how long you've had all those gouramis in a ten gallon tank?

Hi fishman29, and welcome to the forum. :D

Jaywings19 is right about the amount of gravel to use, but if you want to have a planted tank you might need a little more. And, if you have gouramis, a planted tank is best because it divides the tank into areas that they can claim as their own territories. :nod:

Most reactions

Back