Grand Designs

AliRichardson

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok I was about to head off topic in the "Mixing Puffer sp" topic so I thought I should continue what I was thinking in another topic.

I wrote:

Now this is interesting...

It is my dream that one day I have have my own house which has a tank in the wall between living room and dining room, or an octagonal column tank in the center of a room.

Now the question is... going to be in another topic as this is going to be waaaaaaay off topic.

Expect the post in the next 10 mins XD

My Ultimate dream would be to have both the tank in the wall for corals and slower moving species such as pipefish and seahorses and the octagonal column for FOWLR.

Now this is an expensive hobby and I can imagine that with imagination for the behemoth tanks it can only get alot more expensive!

I do plan to win the lottery and fund my imagination in that way. :good:

Ok, my question is... With respect to the tank in the wall or really tall tanks, how do you keep them clean and perform general maintenance?

My first thought for the deep tank is to use a magnetic glass cleaner, however I have used one in the past and I was disappointed because it scratched the glass alot :angry:

Anyone have any experience of these custom dream tanks or even already have their dream tank? Please give your thoughts on the ups and downs of it all :)

Also please feel free to mention what your dream tank is :hyper:

I'v never had a problem with the magnetic scrapers scratching the glass but you could just use an algae scraper that you use by hand, but depending on how tall the tank is you might have to go swimming to get anything off the bottom, lol

My dream tank would be a 144"x48"x30" tall inwall system. Would be mostly SPS corals with with many tangs and anthias. :drool:
would have a 55 gallon refugium above the tank, and a 150 gallon sump underneath.

Gleefully enough, one of my 'dream' systems is fast becoming a reality (I have several!). The system is a 90 gallon tank to the right with a 33 gallon sump/refugium underneath, then a 77 gallon on the left, connecting to the same sump as the 90.

All I need is the piping. :shifty:

-Lynden

I've said it before but I'll say it again. My dream tank will be multiple thousands of gallons, and likely as large as or larger than an olympic size swimming pool. I want my own little slice of reef that I can wake up in the morning, strap on some scuba gear and just jump in if I feel like it :D

I've said it before but I'll say it again. My dream tank will be multiple thousands of gallons, and likely as large as or larger than an olympic size swimming pool. I want my own little slice of reef that I can wake up in the morning, strap on some scuba gear and just jump in if I feel like it :D

OMG that would be amazing!!

Most reactions

Back