Gouramis And Angel Fish

adamlawes13

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
As ive found this forum to be the best on the internet, and all the advice i have received has been very good, so to the question -

Angels and gouramis, can be in the same tank?

ive heard dwarf gouramis are okay but i want to be sure before buying anything.

I have kept an angel with a dwarf in the past, so i think it should be ok. :good:

Westwood

Probably for every occasion it works, it goes terribly wrong for someone else.

I think it depends on breed, size, temperament, claims on territory, tank size, when they get added... And luck!

There are some fish that I personally will never keep together in certain combinations, and those are two of them.

thank you for the advice, and everyone else - give me your say!

anyways, i think i will combine them, but i only have 1 angel, would i be able to get one dwarf gourami? or should i get 2 and get another angel?

What size are you planning to put them in? The dimensions would be the most useful. Will there be any other fish in there?

Sorry, far too small for even the one angel you have now.

Gourami's are nippy and territorial, I wouldn't. Either go with one or the other, 54 litres is probably too small for an Angel but it's up to you, I'd go with the Gourami's personally.

I had two angles in a 55 litre tank for three years and they seemed happy and without any problems. But angel fish should be the last addition to a tank because they're territorial.

I had two angles in a 55 litre tank for three years and they seemed happy and without any problems.

I'm glad that you can speak Angelfish and confirm that their accommodation was appropriate for their needs, always the sign of a good landlord. :good:

I had two angles in a 55 litre tank for three years and they seemed happy and without any problems. But angel fish should be the last addition to a tank because they're territorial.

Three whole years eh? I'd be interested to know how deep this tank was and how many inches tall the angelfish grew.

Adam, your tank is too small for angel fish - please don't add any more.

indeed a lot of opinions but, with the happiness of the fish in mind i will not add anymore angels, this is because i have seen soybean on the forums and has always seemed to know what they are on about.

but i do want a couple of gouramis and maybe a couple of corys one day ;)

Adam, your tank is too small for angel fish - please don't add any more.

Opinions, Opinions, Opinions.

54 litres... Off the top of my head, about 15 US galls?

Meaning, the tank probably isn't that tall. Angel fish have the potential to grow quite large and need a deep tank to accommodate them fully, and be housed according to their potential adult size - like all fish. As territorial fish, they also need length to the tank if they are to be kept in numbers.

Opinion? No, not really, just basic measuring skills.

Most reactions

Back