Gourami With Split Tentacle... Help!

Snowblind70

Reaction score
Hey,

I am new to this forum, and have registered because I noticed today that one of my two male Dwarf Gourami's has split a decent ammount of one of his tentacles. He seems happy enough, but I was just wondering if anyone else had experiece/knowledge of this happening, and what the cause could be? My initial thought was that it could have been injured whilst fighting with my other Rainbow Dwarf Gourami... Although they usually get on very well, in typical Gourami fashion they do sometimes get a bit peeved off and chace each other round the tank...

I've only got them in a community with more dosile fish - my tank consists of 2 x Rainbow Dwarf Gourami's, a Honey Dwarf Gourami, 2 x Plecos, and 6 x White Cloud Minnows - so the likelihood of it being related to any of my other fish is unlikely.

The rest of the fish seems fine. No spots, pine-coning, odd behaviour etc of any sort. Is it, like I suspect, a 'war-wound'? or something potentially more sinister? Cheers!

I have the same deal with my younger pearl right now and looking for the same answer. All I can say for you right now is it was probably another male gourami as those type get a bit aggresive, but just make sure it doesnt get infected by fin-rought or fungus but if every thing gos ok it should grow back and if not gouramis can live with-out that fin just as long as it doesnt get worse.

Most reactions

Back