gourami trouble

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Scott MacAdam

Fish Addict
Reaction score
i have a flame gourami (2") in with an small iridescent shark(2") and he beats the crap out of the shark any time possible........ what is going on here?? luckly the shark can burst off at mach 2 and escape so fast i can barely see it, but this is driving me crasy!!! are these fish really agressive ???

Gourami's can be territorial and i suspect thats whats happening here. Won't last long though as your irredescent shark will grow between 3 to 4 feet in length (sorry i hope you knew that). :/

oh yeah i knew that... so that's why i'm not to worried about it, I just found it strange..... i know a couple of people with some iridescents and they only grew between 6-12" but i've heard in the wild the get HUGE!!!! lol!

Are you sure they weren't columbian catfish? They look fairly similar but only grow to around 12-14". An irredescent shark at up to 12" must still be young.

I had some Gouramis (4 three spots and 2 gold) that were territorial. They were only aggressive towards each other though. A little danio or cory would swim by and they would just stare at it. Guess they decided the danio wasnt a threat? I had to end up removing all the gouramis because it was getting out of hand...

Most reactions

Back