Gourami question

Blue Gourami, Opaline Gourami, Gold Gourami, Platinum Gourami, Giant Gourami, Pearl Gourami, Combtail Gourami, Kissing Gourami (until they get big, They get up to 10 inches) or Paradise Gourami.

Blue Gourami, Opaline Gourami, Gold Gourami, Platinum Gourami, Giant Gourami, Pearl Gourami, Combtail Gourami, Kissing Gourami (until they get big, They get up to 10 inches) or Paradise Gourami.

This is true except for the paradise gourami. Their fins are too long and will probably be torn up from the little buggers. Also, gourami grow pretty fast compaired to other fish. All of the gourami get pretty big. Pearl stay 4 inches and are very docile. You can bet any gourami you pick wont have their little "whiskers" for long. The barbs will probably nip them off. I didn't have blue and kissing gourami with tiger,albino,green and gold barbs and they did okay! You'll have to upgrade to a serioulsy bigger tank though.

The paradise gourami does have long fins but as long as you get a male you should be fine. In my tank the paradise gourami is the smallest fish and he owns the tank. They are one of the toughest fish i have ever kept and very easy to take care of. As long as you keep your water very clean so you could avoid disease ripped fins are not a problem at all. But i did notice in your sig that you had zebra danios in there. That might be a problem because Gouramis will eat what fits into there mouths.

Most reactions

Back