Gourami Debacle

sadness child

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So, currently I have a 46g bowfront tank, and it has close to 24 Silver-Tip Tetras, 4 Rhino Gobies, around 20 Cories, a molly, and 5 Sunset Gouramis. They have all been living very well, but 3 of the gouramis are male, and I have been seeing bullying. I don't like this sex ratio, and my current plan is to either donate two males, and keep 1 male and 2 females, because I have no free tanks to put them in. Or I would trade all of them in for a pair of rams, probably Bolivian Rams. I would like insight that other more experienced fish keepers have, and if there are any other suggestions, I will also be open to those. This sounded a lot more complicated in my head.

imo all females would be good if you could trade
females are peaceful and one might turn into a male but one male is good

picture of the gouramis so we know what species you have?

keep a pr (1 male & 1 female) or 1 male and 2 females.

You have heaps of bottom dwelling fishes and I would not add anymore bottom dwelling fish like rams.

Here is one of the males, I will need to wait for later today until I get a picture of the female.
1649943377112.png

Yes, the ones I have were being sold as Honey Gouramis, but I suspect that they are not.

They are a small species of gourami so not a big issue. I was thinking maybe gold gouramis that grow to 4-5 inches and kill things. But again, 1 male and 1 female or 1 male and 2 females but no more than that.

Most reactions

Back