Gourami Debacle

sadness child

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 23, 2019
Messages
136
Reaction score
128
Points
43
So, currently I have a 46g bowfront tank, and it has close to 24 Silver-Tip Tetras, 4 Rhino Gobies, around 20 Cories, a molly, and 5 Sunset Gouramis. They have all been living very well, but 3 of the gouramis are male, and I have been seeing bullying. I don't like this sex ratio, and my current plan is to either donate two males, and keep 1 male and 2 females, because I have no free tanks to put them in. Or I would trade all of them in for a pair of rams, probably Bolivian Rams. I would like insight that other more experienced fish keepers have, and if there are any other suggestions, I will also be open to those. This sounded a lot more complicated in my head.
 
imo all females would be good if you could trade
females are peaceful and one might turn into a male but one male is good
 
picture of the gouramis so we know what species you have?

keep a pr (1 male & 1 female) or 1 male and 2 females.

You have heaps of bottom dwelling fishes and I would not add anymore bottom dwelling fish like rams.
 
Here is one of the males, I will need to wait for later today until I get a picture of the female.
1649943377112.webp
 
Those are unlikely to be honey gouramis. The red variety are usually thick lipped gouramis sold as honey gouramis. But the same still applies to the sex ratio.
 
Yes, the ones I have were being sold as Honey Gouramis, but I suspect that they are not.
 
They are a small species of gourami so not a big issue. I was thinking maybe gold gouramis that grow to 4-5 inches and kill things. But again, 1 male and 1 female or 1 male and 2 females but no more than that.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top