Goodness Gracious! Fry Again This Week!

mrsdoubtfire

Reaction score
On Monday night I witnessed the birth of my first grandson...7 lbs. even. Then Tuesday night I was doing my usual puter surfing and I turned around just in time to see a little guppy zoom down into the rocks :hyper: At this point, im thinking hard what to do as I dont know which one is dropping fry but upon a very close inspection of the 2 fattest guppies "white pimple" I scooped out the one that looked most suspicous :good: and sure enough she was the one as she continuted to drop fry for just a little over 2 hours. When I went to the tank...I saw about 5 fry so you see I didnt catch her in time! Sadly the very last fry she dropped was siamese twins :( I just cant bring myself to cull it as im just a humane person. It lived over night but I don't think it will live much longer as it struggles to move around and with another fry much smaller than it attached to it, I think this makes moving around much more difficult. Oh well...off to feed my fish as I await for my daughter and her new bundle of joy to come home from the hospital.

Wow, what a couple of days for you. Congratulations on the birth of your grandson, that must be super exciting!

At least you got 5 of her fry. Knowing Guppies, you'll be having many more in a short time! :)

congrats with the 5 fry! sorry to hear about your siamese guppy :( i have never heard of one before. But trust me there will be more little baby guppies on their way!!!

Congratulations mrsdoubtfire. 7lb what a perfect size for a baby boy. What a lovely start to the year. Congrats on the fry too. Unlucky you didn't catch her sooner but 5 fry is better than no fry.

Cindy :)

Most reactions

Back