Good Lighting For A Vision 180?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Elly

Reaction score
I've been using the original Warmlite and Daylite light tubes in my Juwel Vision 180 lighting unit. However, 2 things:

1 - Is this enough light for growing plants? Mine are mostly low-light (java fern, amazon sword, crypts, hygrophilia polysperma), but is there another tube I could get to help the plant growth? Or would adding reflectors do the job?

2 - I don't really like the warmlite tube, it makes my tank look quite orange and the fish look washed-out. What tube would you recommend for nice bright fish colours? (Fish are 2 bolivian rams, african butterfly cichlid, 2 platys, 3 clown loaches, 5 blue-eyed rainbowfish, 2 ottos, 2 bronze cories and a guppy)

I'd like to keep the Daylite tube so basically I need another tube, preferably one that'll make the colours stand out, and then I can add reflectors to both and increase the lighting for the plants that way. Any ideas? Tubes need to be 30" by the way.

I've been using the original Warmlite and Daylite light tubes in my Juwel Vision 180 lighting unit. However, 2 things:

1 - Is this enough light for growing plants? Mine are mostly low-light (java fern, amazon sword, crypts, hygrophilia polysperma), but is there another tube I could get to help the plant growth? Or would adding reflectors do the job?

2 - I don't really like the warmlite tube, it makes my tank look quite orange and the fish look washed-out. What tube would you recommend for nice bright fish colours? (Fish are 2 bolivian rams, african butterfly cichlid, 2 platys, 3 clown loaches, 5 blue-eyed rainbowfish, 2 ottos, 2 bronze cories and a guppy)

I'd like to keep the Daylite tube so basically I need another tube, preferably one that'll make the colours stand out, and then I can add reflectors to both and increase the lighting for the plants that way. Any ideas? Tubes need to be 30" by the way.

Have a look at the Arcadia - Original Tropical Lamp. It will bring the colour out and promote plant growth.The reflecters are a good idea. That warm light has to go - what was Jewel thinking it makes it look like someone pissed in your tank.
If you have not RTFM and put your warm bulb in the background instead of the forground changing it will make a differance.

I changed both my standard Juwel lights and went with Hagen Power-Glo's - was amazed at the difference in the fishes/tank's colour, seems better for the plants too.

Most reactions

Back