Good Betta Tank?

pianogirl

Reaction score
I'd like to get a betta and it would be in a seprate tank from my other fish but was wanting to hear from somebody who knows what their talking about. Do hay have any amount of space to swim in a one gallon tank? I've heard they do fine but my biggest concern is that they have some space to swim. Thanks :)

Personally I would say one gallon is not enough, most on here would say 3 gallon minimum for adequate swimming space. I spoil mine with 5g and 10g with couple of suitable tankmates but having currently 4 at the moment, they are active fish that explore every reach of the tank. Also another point is they need to have heated tank and if possible filtered which is extremely limited on a one gallon and takes up precious space. 3g is an adequate size to accomodate both equipment and betta. Hope that has helped?

3g is considered the MIN tank size but 5g would be alot better and you do need a filter and heater

3 gal is recommended min in UK but i have read many us websites stating 1 gal is ok - ~WHICH IT IS NOT

most of mine share divided tanks of no less than 6.6 uk gallons so makes 3.3 g each

Most reactions

Back