Good Athernoon All Just Asking

lungfish

Reaction score
If any one on here use r o water for their fish tank ?? thank you

Hi, you could try sending a personal question to this member, http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/user/63768-whitey-144/

Keith.

I don't not even for my discus, and they seem to be doing pretty good, just plain old tap water and seachem prime. you could try aged water that's always a good option, i don't use it simply because i don't have the space to store it

I bet a good 50% do. I would if i could afford it or justify it but alas i cant :(

actually in freshwater setups few of us use ro . in 99% of instances its just not actually needed . i also kept my discus in good old tap water with no issues at all . ro is most commonly used in marine tanks where people have delicate corals/inverts etc . but for most freshwater uses its not really neccasary

I bet a good 50% do. I would if i could afford it or justify it but alas i cant :(

actually in freshwater setups few of us use ro . in 99% of instances its just not actually needed . i also kept my discus in good old tap water with no issues at all . ro is most commonly used in marine tanks where people have delicate corals/inverts etc . but for most freshwater uses its not really neccasary
i not long start use it and find it help as my tap water his hard and i have use aquasate to put in tap water cost being £13.95 and r o water costing £2.00 see one i will use now and it keep hardest down more to i try to keep ph to 7.5 and gh to lows sometime his 8 when it gos green

Oh, a friend of mine does and she says it helps to bring teh colour out in her fish...... maybe shes wrong.

Aged water is a good idea but like said storing it can be a pain in the butt, no pun intended. I read some where that placing your buckets of water in direct sunlight can help too as it aids the breakdown of chlorine in your tap water.

I used it in the beginning as I was told the nitrate in the tap water here is high.

Only thing is it was the LFS that sold RO water, containers to put it in and the minerals to put back in that gave me this advice. It was the same LFS that advised me to use Cycle as well. :shifty:

I was later told that unless you keep something like Discus then it's money down the drain. Oh and the cost of Cycle is just fuel in the LFS owners Mercedes! :lol:

My tanks before and present have run on dechlorinated draft with 40ppm nitrates without a problem.

Incidentally, why do you ask and what is your set-up?

I use straight tap water (with dechlor of course!) and as my water is very hard (10dgh/15dkh) I have stocked accordingly with fish that prefer these conditions. Most fish bred in the uk will be ok with hard water though.

Most reactions

Back