Goldon Wonder Killi

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kajuki17

Reaction score
I Just bought 2 golden wonder killies and 2 australian rainbows
Can u tell me about them.I am keeping them in a 10 gallon right now with 2 white clouds.Dont worry i plan to move them when they get bigger but i just need some info.

don't know about the rainbows, but if you look in the fish index, there is a nice page on the golden wonder under oddballs

Golden wonder Killi's are in actual fact a colour morph of Aplochelius Lineatus.
A very easy species of killifish both to breed and rear. They get fairly large and boisterious when mature (75-100mm) They are predatory by nature so make sure you are not keeping them with smaller species, their mouth is deceptively large.
They can be given a species tank of around 18"x10"x10" with no substrate, floating plants, some floating mops and a hand full of Java Moss, also a small air driven sponge filter is benificial. Temperature should be in or around 74-76 degrees F. and a pH of around neutral suits them fine. Try to obtain a trio (1 male : 2 Females) as the male can drive the females quite hard. The eggs are laid on the floating mops and are quite large by killifish standards. They can be picked off with the fingers and placed into a plastic margarine tub with some water from the parent tank. (this you can float within the parent tank itself). The eggs will darken and go through the many stages of development until they hatch after 10-14 days (some might take slightly longer). They are very easy to rear due to the size of the fry and will take newly hatched brineshrimp, microworm and very fine powdered food from the outset.
Australian rainbows are not my bag, sorry I cant help you with them.
I hope the information above is of some use to you and maybe some other forum members who have these wonderful fish in their care.
Regards
BigC

Most reactions

Back