Goldfish Changing Colour

t..j

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
:blush: hi every body just posted this in the wrong section,not been on for a while.i need to ask this question,as my friend has two goldfish and over the past week one of them has turned white.she has had them for about six months and they've been great,they are heathly and lively.she changes the water often.we just find it strange that this has happened.is there a problem? :unsure:

I think it was died. I once bought a small goldish with a black strip near the top fin. However as it grew the black spot dissaperied, which lead me to belive that it was orginally died. But thats just my opinion. :good:

I think it was died. I once bought a small goldish with a black strip near the top fin. However as it grew the black spot dissaperied, which lead me to belive that it was orginally died. But thats just my opinion. :good:
lol this fish is far from dead,its still swimming as normal :lol:

They meant to type "dyed" as in artificially colored but that isn't correct either. I've never seen "dyed" goldfish yet.

Goldfish change colors many times in their lives. The "gold" goldfish in my avatar is now solid white with just a little gold tint to him. The calico's change colors constantly also.

ive seen dyed goldies and tattooed goldies/koi.

Fish do change colour as they mature, but its down to their parentage relly.

Yes goldfish will change colour as they mature, one of my comet goldfish for example was gold with some black edging to his fins when i first got him a long time ago, now the gold has turned to a pinkish orange colour and the black edging to his tail has turned to white- i expect he'll turn a lot more orange as he matures like my other big orange comet with white tips on his tail.

I was wondering this same question. My orange oranda was mostly orange with black down its back and a black mustache. I noticed in the last two weeks it has lost all of its black on its back and the mustache. I loved the mustache!! lol It also has white tipped tail fins now instead of black tipped. It was such a fast change! This is normal ha? Weird!

this is happening to one of my goldfish as well i got 1 full orange oranda and one orange and black fantail and a white fantail with black tips on all its fins and tail. But now my little white fellas black tips have faded and all his fins are turning orange.

I'm hoping they don't all go plain orange as I bought them all different colours for a reason.

Most reactions

Back