Gold Severums With Black Marks

DaveA76

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
2 weeks ago i bought 2 2" severums for my 240L roma, they are getting along fine with tank mates but in the last 4 days they have developed black marks along there backs, all the water parameters are fine as ive been testing every few days to make sure they are fine and i do a 50-75% water change every week depending on how much time i have to do it, could anyone shed some light on what it could be ?

could be burn marks from a heater,is your heater exposed or does it have a guard on it?

Is it showing them like stripes starting at the top of their body? It sounds like they could be just showing some baring which is quite usual for young sevs.

I cant see it being heater burn as sevs are pretty active and shouldnt stay in one spot like that to get burned

Wills

Mine had that when it was small, its pretty much the Golds version of stress bars, mine lost it as it got older, mine was caused by my feisty baby rotkeils.

nah its no t heater and its not on bars just on thier back but not down as far of the head, ive just got a pic of them so will upload it now and put it on

excuse the floaty bits theve just been fed, and the black marks look darker than the pic shows

2013-01-12203256_zps7a8fea0a.jpg

its not the barring im talking about its the marks / spots on their back just under the dorsal fin

i wasnt ignoring it i thought you was talking about the actual barring these have no uniform and are only at the top of the body like the markings on a peppered cory,but less, but they havent got any worse over the last few days so you are probably right, i just want to do the best by the sevs
they are not getting chased by anything, they are being the chasers if anything, the biggest of the 2 has shown my firemouth the door a few times just by having a stand off and moving slightly towards him lol

Exactly what my little Gold 'Jack' had, he lost it by the time he hit about 4"

Most reactions

Back