Gold Severum?

carney

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi
Would a single gold severum be ok, housed with 1 blue acara, 1 krib, 2 keyhole, 1 shark 4 silver dollars and a pair of angel fish pls in a 55 gall tank?

Hi
Would a single gold severum be ok, housed with 1 blue acara, 1 krib, 2 keyhole, 1 shark 4 silver dollars and a pair of angel fish pls in a 55 gall tank?
no with a sev its 75 gallon minimum, same acara IMO, and the shark be it a bala will outgrow silver dollars will too

48x15x18, the shark is a red tailed black shark.
The severum is an unwanted pet by someone at work and i said if its compatible with mine, il save it
i have undergravel filter system and 2 fluval 700 so plenty of filtration, i do 20% water change every sunday too

no, no way a sev can get to 8 inches, and IMO it isnt fair, find it someone with a big enough tank for it. not to mention silver dollars can max out 6 inches+ and are very active, the acara can get to 8 inches, and in a tank this size it just isnt going to work!!

It may be fine short term but long term, it would be better in a bigger tank.
The biggest problem you may have is aggression with the other Cichlids.
How big is the Sev and how big are your fish?

agreed on the sev silver dollars and bala but the blue acara should be fine . 8 inches as truck says is possible but highly unlikely in aquariums with 6 being more realistic also blue acaras are pretty slow growing by cichlid standards

agreed on the sev silver dollars and bala but the blue acara should be fine . 8 inches as truck says is possible but highly unlikely in aquariums with 6 being more realistic also blue acaras are pretty slow growing by cichlid standards

Any one have a Male Gold Sev available? Just found out my 2 are females and looking to breed them!

Would swap Male for Female

Thanks

Most reactions

Back