Gold Severum. Backterial Infection. Urgent Plz Help

Seetrix

Reaction score
Hey people. I recently realized a long red streek on my gold severum and there's a white fungus stuff growing on oneside of it. The red streek is allong the dorsal fin just bellow it running the whole length of his body. And it's acting really frantic andwill not stay still n twitches really bad all the time. I did neglect my tank for a week and didn't check the water quality and when I checked it. The acidic levels were 6.2 so could the low water quality be the cause? I did a 50% water change and started treating it with melafix yesterday day but the fish seems to be allot worse today. Does any one know how to fix this problem it would help me soo much cause he's a beautiful colour and I don't want him to die.

Hey people. I recently realized a long red streek on my gold severum and there's a white fungus stuff growing on oneside of it. The red streek is allong the dorsal fin just bellow it running the whole length of his body. And it's acting really frantic andwill not stay still n twitches really bad all the time. I did neglect my tank for a week and didn't check the water quality and when I checked it. The acidic levels were 6.2 so could the low water quality be the cause? I did a 50% water change and started treating it with melafix yesterday day but the fish seems to be allot worse today. Does any one know how to fix this problem it would help me soo much cause he's a beautiful colour and I don't want him to die.

Try posting in the emergency section. The folks who can help are much more likely to see it there.

Size of tank in gallons or litres.
How many fish and which type.
Water stats in ammonia,nitrite, nitrate, and ph.

Red streaking can be due to bad water quality, septicemia, columnaris.
Saddle back lesions are usually columnaris.

I would add a bacterial med to the tank.
UK. Myxazin by waterlife and pimafix.
US. Maracyn Plus.

Most reactions

Back