Gold Fish Turned White?

wayne1983

Reaction score
Our other goldfish when we 1st got it was had like some 'goldyness' about it obviusly!, but now its turned virtually a white fish, would any1 know why this could be?, cheers. :)

I've came across a similar thing quite a few times with my fish altho it is generally when I buy small fish with brown colouration and as they grow they lose all the brown and go golden or in the case of one supposed Chocolate oranda it went completely golden! Only had a Shubunkin that lost almost all of its colouring and went white. Not sure why just guessed it was something to do with them maturing as all have been healthy happy fish.

xox

I had a orange andwhite goldfish (about 50/50 mix of colours) That went completely white over afew years. Still got her in my pond, 7-8 years old and still counting.

NO need to be afraid goldfish do change color due to there aging. How many goldies do u have and what size of tank.

weve only got 2 goldies in a not large tank just right for them 2, ok thanks for your help every1, just wondered what it could be thats all. :good:

goldfish is very easy to change color, normally black to red, or yellow then white. So sometime you can see very beatuigul interesting bicolour fish, some of them can not stay that way, will change and fade in a few months.

But some special kinda cultivated fish will keep the colour, e.g like panda, which is black and white, the black should appear on the fish body at the right pattern and should not be fade. However, most panda, esp poor quality one will turn to white in 2 or 3 years, if you want to avoid it, try to keep it in green water, with a lot of sun light, it helps.

Most reactions

Back