Going into the plant business

TheTenthDoctor

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Well, I've decided to try to expand my plant/fish business. I've made $50 this month, probably totaling 30 min of work from fish/plants. $50. Thats 6 hours at work for me. So I've decided that with a facebook page/more facebook posts on Marketplace + Craigslist I may make even more. I am going to add some more plants so I can sell more. Anyhow! Let me know what you think. Btw if you live in Greater Harrisburg please PM me if you know of a $ per gallon sale at Petco.

@PheonixKingZ @Deanasue @JuiceBox52 @AJE @Fishmanic

It is guessed that the next $ per gallon sale will be in September and November.

That is great how much you have made so far!

You may want to consider making your tank snail free. (Or at least your plant tank) People will buy plants more often, if you make them snail free.

(I also suggest making a LetGo account. It’s similar to Craigslist, except you get faster responses)

Great idea! I'll do that! I keep red ramshorn, but I can give instructions on how to get rid of them
I’m not saying that snails are bad... but the majority of people don’t like them, as they review them as “pests”.

Hmm, So guys im thinking of azolla, bacopa, hornwort, ancharis or possibly pearl weed
Good plants to keep and grow include: Ambulia, any Hygrophila, narrow and twisted Vallis, Rotala macranda, any swordplant, and Water Sprite.

If you have outdoor ponds/ tubs, you can grow Water Lettuce and Water Hyacinth (if it is legal where you are).

Bacopa doesn't grow well underwater but does do well as a marsh plant. Ludwigia is the same as Bacopa.

Swordplants grow faster as a garden plant (in a pot sitting in a tray of water). They produce a long flower stalk and a lot of seeds, which can be planted and grown on.

The main thing with any business is to diversify and have a number of things to sell. The more types of plants you have, the more sales you get.

Last edited:
Great idea! Sounds as if it's going well so far and can only get better. Best of luck!

Most reactions

Back