Glo T5 Electronic Double Ballast 2X 54 W , What Tube Lengths Fit/work

clivealive

Fishaholic
Reaction score
hi     advise please

Thinking of getting an Glo T5 Electronic Double Ballast 2x 54 w
The standard size tubes (46") stated are likely too long for my tank as i only have 47" gap in hood  and they are 46 plus caps.

1/  so what other size tubes will work with this  ?        (42" about perfect but cant see any or confirm that they would work)

2/  how much light improvement will I see compared to 2 T8's (42" tubes)

3/ (is it worth spending the money)    £90 ish for unit and tubes

4/ seen arcadia version 54w but unsure on tubes length with that too,

5/ what lights are best for showing fish (no plants)

6/  Are there other options (  cant suspend above tank though)

any idea's welcome as didnt get any replies from other post on this.

Many thanks in advance.

clive

Well if that one is too big, why not get one for the T5's the next size down? Which will I believe be 39w. The size of the bulb is relative to the wattage so all 54w bulbs you are looking at will be the same size...

Get a double 39w T5 unit and bulbs.. Arcadia is a superior brand by a long way over the Hagen Glo ones, Arcadia were most helpful when my one burnt out, I called them and they offered to replace it asap and I had it free of charge the next day. I couldn't have got to the shop and got another in the time they got one out to me!

hi found some options what do people think I have a 4 ft 18" deep with chiclids    currently have 2 T8's 42"  but never seems bright enough?
looking at the following and getting 2 tube unit:
Arcadia Electronic Controller - 2 x 54w T5    £34.99     (definately getting)

Arcadia J5 54W Original Tropical Pro Lamp 1047mm   £19.96  
Arcadia J5 54W Marine Hybrid Lamp 1047mm        white and blue combo) £19.96   each     
Juwel High-Lite Marine T5 Lamp 54w 1047mm Buy 1 Get 1 Free   14000k     £23.95   for 2

what comb will be best     , could it be too bright

Most reactions

Back