Glass Fish Sick

lacy

Reaction score
Hello, i have four glass fish in my tank, two which are recently new. The two new ones appear to be getting white dots all over them. I have had them for about 20 days now and just noticed this. I thought it was ich at first but i am not sure now since it is only on the fins and tails. Not a single white speck is on their bodies. I was just wondering if it could be ich since i thought it affected the fish all over not just their tails and fins. I dont want to treat them for something they dont have. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Do the spots look like grains of salt if so it is whitespot, if they are bigger its not.

The spots on the fish look exactly like grains of salt. They are bigger though and really noticable. Like crystals are growing on my fish's fins and tails. They seem to clump together too all in one spot on the fins. They are all over his tail. I am tryin to decide if i should treat them for ich, or wait and try and see what else it could be.

Some types of glass fish prefer brackish water, so dont know if thats whats wrong with them.
Need someone with more knowledge to help you.

Just to make sure do they look like a clump of berries or a cauliflower.

http://cichlid-forum.com/articles/ich.php

They kinda look like clumps of berries, but very crystaly and white. The fish doesn't appear sick at all just the white dots all over him. They are spreading to his face now, just a few though. I treated him for ich, and it has not helped a bit, so i know it is not ich now. I have no idea what is wrong with him, if anybody can tell me i would really appreciate it.

I think i have found out what it is. I found this picture on the internet and this looks exactly like my fish (minus the green ink). It says it is Lymphocystis or Cauliflower Disease, it doesn't say how to treat it though or if it will spread to my other fish. If anybody has any information on what to do it would help alot. THanks

Attachments

• Glass_fish.jpg
    Glass_fish.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 50

Most reactions

Back