Glass Co2 Diffuser

Myuu

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I just ordered a glass co2 diffuser from ebay and I'm not sure if it's working or not. I'm using a DIY set up and it's been over 12 hours and I don't see any bubbles coming out of it, and I'm know it's making co2. Due to some circumstances, I had to take the cap of of the bottle after I had set it up. I see some gas in the diffuser as well as some water from the tank itself. Is the water not supposed to be in there? Are the bubbles too small to see or something? I want my co2 ;____;

Can you link to the diffuser you bought?

It could be that 1 DIY is not giving enough pressure.Can you give the recipe you use.

Just as the gas exits the diffuser via the ceramic plate, water passes through in the opposite direction depending on the pressure of the gas.

Dependent of the design of the diffuser some of the water should be pushed out of the diffuser cup by the gas. This is perfectly normal.

AC

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=370126072381

it says it's compatble with DIY systems :/ Maybe I should remake the mixture.

and I used 2 cups of suagar, 1 teaspoon of yeast, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, and I filled the bottle up to 2/3. Also, When I first set it up, the tubing became a siphon and was sucking water into the pop bottle. Could that be the problem? It was a pretty significant amount of water :/

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If using a 2 Ltr bottle up the yeast to 1½ teaspoons (measured ones of course) or 1 heaped normal teaspoon.

Get a cheap checkvalve and this will stop the tank water coming down into the bottle.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Check-Valve-Air-Pump...2|39:1|240:1318

These check valves can be picked up from most chain pet stores.

Get or make a bubble counter to stop the scum from the DIY setup eventually clogging the diffuser.

That diffuser will work with DIY but you would most likely need minimum 2 DIY bottles feeding it!!! (I had 3 when I had DIY and my diffuser is very similar.)

AC

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You will obviously need to do the same weekly cleaning of the diffuser as a pressurised user would:

pour neat bleach on the disc, leave 5 minutes.

Rinse and pour more bleach on it, wait 5 minutes.

poue some dechlor on the disc and wait 10 minutes.

Watch the baby give you quite literal mist (like smoke) for the first hour or so before it resumes 'microbubbles'

AC

Most reactions

Back