Glass Catfish

Wolfdog

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a 55 gal that is up and running and shortly after cycling i will add teh fish from my two ten gallons into it which include:

8 Neon Tetras
5 Albino Cory Cats

Im not sure what else i want in the tank. I guess a few more trips to the LFS and id figer it out, but right now i have my mind set on Glass Cats.

When would it be ok to add these guys in?
What are some other good buddies that go with these cats?
How many should i get for the 55gal?

Ive read up on them a bit, but anyone suggest anything i should look out for with them?

Wolf

Glasss cats are great fish and will get on just fine with those fish. Get at least 6 - not only are they much more comfortable in larger schools, but they look very cools when they all hover together. Unlike most catfish these guys are mid/top dwellers. The ideal setup would have a good balance of open space and planted cover. They're very hardy and easy to keep.

Yeah - they're pretty neat fish. They just sort of group together in one spot - normally in the strongest flow from my HOB filter. Occasionally, a couple of them will decide to hang out with the tetras.

I remember reading that it was a problem getting them to eat - they sit in the current and wait for food to come to them. Not true. I dump food in the tank and they go after it like any other fish.

Most reactions

Back