Giant Common Pleco!

Poor booga, the tank is too small no wonder he doesnt move much, I should put my two on at feeding time lol

Pretty big, seen bigger though! :p

Edinburgh Botanic Gardens have a big tropical pond in their greenhouse, home to at least a couple massive plecs. The pond has a very dirty viewing window and every now and then one come up and cleans it.

I thought he looked pretty cool, I emailed the guys on youtube, and he was actually just in that tank for display purposes before they transferred him to his new huge tank... I guess the smaller tank made him look bigger.

My Plec has grown from 1.5inches to 5inches in a month! He loves his lettuce, so I guess my 4ft tank will have to come sooner than expected if he keeps growing at that rate! I'll get a video up soon.

:rolleyes:

We no longer own this Pleco! On Saturday 9-6-08 our Pleco sold for $20. He now enjoys a display pond in front of a boat store in San Diego.

We purchased him at 2 inches and he is now 8 years old. The tank was only a 55 gallon but the combination of feeding him steamed broccoli and over filtering the tank (3 Eheims) caused him to grow and grow

that is what it says on there page so thankfully it is now in a bigger home

We no longer own this Pleco! On Saturday 9-6-08 our Pleco sold for $20. He now enjoys a display pond in front of a boat store in San Diego.

We purchased him at 2 inches and he is now 8 years old. The tank was only a 55 gallon but the combination of feeding him steamed broccoli and over filtering the tank (3 Eheims) caused him to grow and grow

that is what it says on there page so thankfully it is now in a bigger home

I know, they were just proud that he looked so healthy before they sold him I think! ;)

Most reactions

Back