Ghost Shrimp & Platy Fry

Mithlondwen

Reaction score
Will ghost shrimp eat platy fry? The fry are just over a week old.

Thanks!

Yes, they most likely will, especially at that young stage and size.

We had a chat on Trop. Chit Chat the other day and it was exactly about this except one was actually eaten. No one, including myself, on there has ever heard of a ghost shrimp taking a lively fry. It, as I know as I own ghost shrimp, they can take them IF they want them :D

I, frequenting many Livebearer boards, have heard of this on numerous occasions. I've also had it happen a few times.

:crazy: Thanks for the info! Guess the shrimp need to be relocated to one of my other tanks! It can wait a day or two, since there are about 30 fry... As it is, will have to find new homes for most of them.

I, frequenting many Livebearer boards, have heard of this on numerous occasions. I've also had it happen a few times.

I believe you Anna, I just haven't heard it much YET. I have had ghost shrimp with fry for a few days now, no problems yet. Hearing more of this has changed my mind and I moved mine to the larger tank, I had 5, now there is two and I can't figure out which fish ate them. I know it wasn't the clown knife, no large belly. I also have four angels but, WHO NOWS hey :dunno:

The ghost shrimp have been successfully moved to the 29 gallon tank, and seem happy there. The fry are all alone again!

Most reactions

Back