Getting Glass Hoods Clean

LetsBeFriends

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have glass hoods on both my tanks and have always battled with keeping them crystal clear, i have tried everything from windex to heavy duty bar cleaner(a really intense powder cleaner). nothing seems to remove what i think is calcium and other mineral deposits that form on the glass.

So how do you guys get rid of the white mineral deposits that form on the top of the glass?

all i do is every waterchange take em off and give em a scrub with a soapy scourer and wipe em dry with a towel. that keeps them clean .

all i do is every waterchange take em off and give em a scrub with a soapy scourer and wipe em dry with a towel. that keeps them clean .

i do that to but i still cant seem to get it off.

and the reason i do not put up with it is because a dirty hood reflects and absorbs some of the light that is ment for my plants

I do exactly the same and don't have any problems :)

When that calcium stuff starts to creep onto the glass (it's limescale), I use vinegar and elbow grease. Vinegar because it will partially dissolve the calcium, and it is non-toxic to fish if it gets into your tank.

When that calcium stuff starts to creep onto the glass (it's limescale), I use vinegar and elbow grease. Vinegar because it will partially dissolve the calcium, and it is non-toxic to fish if it gets into your tank.

ill give that a shot, thanks

Most reactions

Back