Getting back into the hobby after 30+ yrs. Something to do with my daughter

mtplanet

Reaction score
My daughter wanted at get a fish. So friend had an old 10 gallon tank, filter and heater. Filled tank to test and of course it leaked. We new 20 gallon tank, new stand (cause the wife wanted something "nice looking"). We are in for a penny .... now.

In the past I could setup 10 gallon tanks no issues. Struggling to get things up and running. After looking at several other forums TFF seems to have more members just trying to help and less drama. Hope to learn meet new friends. Then be able to help others in the future.

Maybe in the future upgrade tank or swap out and try saltwater. At this point it is my 7 yrs old daughters aquarium. Not the most natural look but she picked it out and is using some of her money so I try to stay out of that for the most part.

Welcome and good luck, it's great when the kid is actively involved, kudos for even mixing the money aspect, never too early to expose kids to money management

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

In the past I could setup 10 gallon tanks no issues. Struggling to get things up and running. After looking at several other forums TFF seems to have more members just trying to help and less drama. Hope to learn meet new friends. Then be able to help others in the future.
LOL, we can fix that. Hey Sis, where are you, let's fight :)

Maybe in the future upgrade tank or swap out and try saltwater. At this point it is my 7 yrs old daughters aquarium. Not the most natural look but she picked it out and is using some of her money so I try to stay out of that for the most part.
Saltwater is easy. You use the same equipment as you use for freshwater, with a few additional bits (maybe add a protein skimmer, and get a hydrometer). Then add salt, cycle the filter, add some rock and fish. Tank is set up.

Welcome to the forum!
There's rarely members from NC that come in but lately there gave been a few :)
Welcome to the forum fellow Carolinian!

Welcome. Yeah that easy part on saltwater is not the long term cost, just in case someone forgot to mention that. I'd stick with fresh, plenty of pretty fish and more forgiving.

Most reactions

Back