Getting A Larger Tank

travelling-guppy

Reaction score
I have a 23L Fluval edge but I would like to keep larger fish and so I am thinking about a larger tank. I like the look of the Edge as the glass is joined together without black seams and I prefer that look. Are there any larger tanks with the same sort of look? I only have limited space for the tank footprint so I would rather it was taller than longer. I looked at the new 46L edge but I don't think it would be easy to clean as the hole in the top looked a bit limiting. The Fluval Rome 90L would fit but has the black seams I don't like.

Thanks for any advice.

I have an Edge & like it for the same reason you do.
I recently got an Arc Arcadia, it has no seams, mine's a 35 litre but they do them up to 60 litre

The Arcadia ark mentioned above could be ideal, they have curved fronts and clear silicon in the tank. The only problem I have with clear silicon is that if you have to treat the tank for whitespot, most treatments will dye the silicon blue and lets face it unless you are very very lucky you are going to come up against whitespot at some point in time.

I know you say the black silicon will put you off but think of it this way if you have a tank full of beautiful fish what will you spend the most time looking at? You could always buy decor to run up the corners to hide it and most of your substrate will cover the silicon on the base.

I would go for the 90 :D

Wills

You could always just go for the old-style clearseal tanks. Cheap as anything on ebay. All of my tanks are this type and I don't think I'd ever even seen a tank with black silicone until I just googled!

Thanks, I will have a look at those suggestions. Cheers.
good.gif

Most reactions

Back