German Blue Ram Questions.

AmandaB

Reaction score
What else will my German Blue Rams like to eat besides aqueon cichlid pellets, hikari algae wafers and bloodworms (are freeze dried or frozen better?)? How often should I feed what? About how many pellets should each ram eat each day?

Do they prefer a nice current in part of the tank or should i lessen the flow coming out of the filter or put a fish sponge where the water comes out of the filter to soften/lessen the flow coming out? If so can I use a new sponge like the ones i buy to clean the tanks and just cut it to fit the opening? (not grocery store sponges since they have soap in them before packaging)

Thanks!

I feed my ram a flake food twice a day with the occasional bloodworm treat (usually once a week)Frozen is better than freeze dried because they have a higher nutrtional value, it's like the difference between fresh meat from a butcher and chicken nuggets. I wouldn't know how many pellets to feed your ram because as i said; i feed mine flakes.

From my experience; rams do not mind having a current either so a sponge is not necessary.

Most reactions

Back