Gasmask Question :p

Binge

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So I was some what foolish and made a splurge buy. The small private fish store near me had "Albino Polyepterus" The owner didnt know any way to refer to them beyond that title. I am unsure of what specific breed this little guy is beyond that. He is currently about 2.5 inches long ( he was only about 2 inches when I got him a week ago). I was curious if you can identify a bichir so I can get some idea how big he will be.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13739571@N00/6199482207/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13739571@N00/6199994800/

At the moment he is in my wifes very over crowded live bearer tank. I figured it would kill two birds with one stone. Knock down the ridiculous baby population and let him grow out to about 4 inches so I can move him in with my senegal whom is 6.5 ish.

So far he is a spoiled rotten very happy little #29###. He eats the shrimp pellets we give him when we feed everyone else. Then spends his day camping the baby grass and munching merrily. (in the week he has probably eaten 20 or so guppys/platys) As said above he looks to be up a half an inch already. He is not being over fed he just snacks a lot :p. I will try for better pics but those were the best I could get so far.

Im not Gasmask but the picture on the link looks very similar to my Albino senegal Bichir. Here's a video of mine, hope it helps

Hi.
100% Polypterus Senegalus Albino.
Albino sens usually max out at around 6-8".

Awsome thank you guys. I was worried I may have Gotten a bigger breed. I am going to seek out another senegal to add to the 75 gallon as well and let him grow out the same way. I simply cant afford the big ones so I will buy babys and let em play catch up. :)With us having trouble finding good tank mates the wife has agreed 3 bichirs will make the tank nice and active in the daytime. With the dempsy and plecos out at night.

Most reactions

Back