G A Snail

spilz

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
my golden apple snail has small crack like marks on his shell, they run the length of his shell, but are not all the way through, they dont look like the kind of marks caused by damage though. could this just be the way its shell is?

I would imagine that the cracks you descibe are from the growth of the snail. Sometimes Apple Snails go through a period of not growing and then when they start to grow their shells grow thinner and slightly weaker than before. This causes slight ridges in the shell that may look like cracks. You may also notice that the new growth may be a slightly different colour to the rest of the shell. It is really nothing to worry about.

I would imagine that the cracks you descibe are from the growth of the snail. Sometimes Apple Snails go through a period of not growing and then when they start to grow their shells grow thinner and slightly weaker than before. This causes slight ridges in the shell that may look like cracks. You may also notice that the new growth may be a slightly different colour to the rest of the shell. It is really nothing to worry about.
thanks, much appreciated help

Most reactions

Back