Fw Nano Up And Running!

mattb22

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok guys my nano is up and running plants just came through today. It has a HOB filter and a Clip on 11w light over the top of it, also has aquatic compost under the gravel. Do you think my plants shoud grow in there is:

Java moss attatched to the rock...
A small banana plant.. (Have I done right in just letting this sing and sit on top of the gravel?)
In the bg is some Blyxa Japonica.

Thanks, mattb22

Attachments

• STA40048.JPG
    STA40048.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 22
  • STA40049.JPG
    STA40049.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 21
Looking really good, cant wait for it to 'grow' a bit more :> only one tiny point - that moss doesn't look amazingly tied down... I've heard some people suggest hair net.... Excellent modernistic layout though!

You guys think it will grow well, without co2, I mean its a tiny tank and I don't fancy introducing co2 really. Will tie moss down better now, will it root properly on stone you think, also does the banana plant not need rooting?

Should do fine without CO2. The moss should attach itself given time, FYI a hairnet is ideal for tying stuff down as it gives an even hold across the whole of the stone :) Not had a banana plant but would think it'll need pushing into the gravel a bit.

Sam

The banana plant thingy I believe should just sit on the gravel as the banana bits rot underneath. Bit like anubias, in fact it might even be an anubias species?

Thanks guys have tied moss down a little more, do you think I should add any more plants soon or leave it as is?

My Blyxa Japonica plants are not looking so good now :unsure: look like they have spread uot but some of leaves look rotten? should I remove all decaying foliage?

anyone tell me if theres any reason for the leaves decaying in paticular?

Most reactions

Back