Furry Platy?

bluemoon11

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have just noticed that one of my female platys is looking either furry or that her scales are sticking out?!! :unsure: She is also looking very fat, thought she was pregnant but not too sure now!! All my water tests came back normal, any ideas what this could be??

Thanks x

I have just noticed that one of my female platys is looking either furry or that her scales are sticking out?!! :unsure: She is also looking very fat, thought she was pregnant but not too sure now!! All my water tests came back normal, any ideas what this could be??

Thanks x

It could be dropsy as this has once happened to my platy. Can you see a blackish spot near the anal fin?, she could be close to giving birth it thats the case

Thanks x

It could be dropsy as this has once happened to my platy. Can you see a blackish spot near the anal fin?, she could be close to giving birth it thats the case

:no: No dark spots, how do I treat dropsy?? I have taken her out of the tank and into a quarantine xxx

Try improving your general water quality and not feeding the fish on two days per week.

Just done a 50% water change in the main tank and won't feed tonight. Thanks guys, will keep an eye on her but shes not looking good :-(

Laura x

If she's struggling, I can only recommend you try a generic anti-bacterial/fungal medication.. I use eSHa 2000 because it is doesn't harm the filter and doesn't have any negative effects.

Most reactions

Back