Funny

jordan barnhart

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My dad goes, "well son, how about a salt water tank."

my eyes lit up and looked at him. he laughed his ass off at me. - lol. hes so cruel.

he goes i want one too. i said hook it up. He then said man im gonna buy a tank big enough to spawn giant salmons and hell even a damn grizzly that will catch em comin off the water fall...

hes so goofy. he knows im dying for a reef tank

just thought id share the story b/c m bored

I was begging my parents to let me get a saltwater tank, but they said no more tanks, so I offered to change my 20g from fresh to salt, they said that it was ok to do that. About 4 or 5 days later they sat me down and asked me if I really wanted a sal;twater tank, and of course I said yes. They said that they would pay for it, and that I could get a 40g. Well, eventually we got a 90 gallon. we got it set up about 1 week and 1 day ago. we got it for pretty cheap, about $1700( i think, about there) for the whole setup, (90 gallon w/ 10 gallon sump, a power head, salt and a heater.) we got a good deal and he set it up for us.

DanioDude

If you make the common mistake of going to your local shop and ask them what you need to start a marine tank then most shops will have you spending $1000's (I fell into that trap :grr: ) However, if you ask the right questions on forums similar to this then you will find that you can make huge savings! By following the advice of people on forums like this you might find that the myth of marins being so expensive might just be that.... A myth. ;)

Navarre said:
If you make the common mistake of going to your local shop and ask them what you need to start a marine tank then most shops will have you spending $1000's (I fell into that trap :grr: )
Me too :*) :angry: :angry: :angry: , eventually some time next year, im going to convert my garage and have a 300-400gallon tank in there (HOPEFULLY) :rolleyes:

Navarre said:
If you make the common mistake of going to your local shop and ask them what you need to start a marine tank then most shops will have you spending $1000's (I fell into that trap :grr: ) However, if you ask the right questions on forums similar to this then you will find that you can make huge savings! By following the advice of people on forums like this you might find that the myth of marins being so expensive might just be that.... A myth. ;)
I got everything from the same LFS and it was all a good deal, he has been in the hobby for like......i dont know, maybe 15 years I think he said, and he has done it for a living for 10. that's where I get all of my live rock, and everything, except for powerheads and stuff, I got to a cheap place for the stuff that the same everywhere.
its not just the stores, my neighbor used to have a 100 gallon(about 100 i think) and he had a backup generator, and probably at least $9000 of hardware and accassories; he must have been rich or something, I dunno.
thats part of the reason my parents were reluctant at first, but after I changed my fresh to salt, I guess that they saw that it wasnt all too expensive.

DanioDude

Most reactions

Back