Fry Feeding?

kevinthecow

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So, I have these frys in my 4G tank. I sadly, thought luck was on my side and I didn't change the female swordtail to the 4g Tank to give birth.

): They were born in a 29G tank, with a bala shark, two black skirts, a yellow dwarf gourami two frogs, and two shrimps.

I saved, I think 5/9 frys? (how much are regularly born?) Two were eaten by a black skirt, and the other two are geniuses. instead of them going towards the light they hide under gravel.

xD, anyways :

I've seperated the five fry's from a different tank. I fed them some tiny pieces of flake food but they just wont bite. What od I do?

Usually they average around 25-50 depending on size, larger ones can have up tp 150.

Crush the flake loads (if you have a blender, blend some up) otherwise, you can put it in a bag and crush it with ya hand so its fine..

You could also do this with pellets, protien foods etc.

Deoending on the age of the fry, say if they are bew today, they will not need food has they feed of thier yolk sack for the first 48-72 hours (i usually start putting food in for them after 24 hours.)

Usually they average around 25-50 depending on size, larger ones can have up tp 150.

Crush the flake loads (if you have a blender, blend some up) otherwise, you can put it in a bag and crush it with ya hand so its fine..

You could also do this with pellets, protien foods etc.

Deoending on the age of the fry, say if they are bew today, they will not need food has they feed of thier yolk sack for the first 48-72 hours (i usually start putting food in for them after 24 hours.)

SRSLY? Oh thank god. These are brand new babies. :)

ANYWAYS... How many times do I feed them? How long does it take for them to GROW? :)

It wont take long for them to grow, feed them 3-5 times a day, small amounts...

Thier motablosm is very fast when young and need feeding more often.

They wont need feeding straight away if they are new so dont worry if they aint eating yet :)

It wont take long for them to grow, feed them 3-5 times a day, small amounts...

Thier motablosm is very fast when young and need feeding more often.

They wont need feeding straight away if they are new so dont worry if they aint eating yet :)

So I should feed them in 1-2 days? :)

Start feeding them tomorrow (today even lol) if they dont take the food, not matter it wont do any harm, its minute crushed flake etc so wont effect anything.

Hi Kevin :)
As well as grinding larger flakes yourself for the fry you can buy a very fine powder.
It's called Baby fish food. I use this for all my newborn fry.

The fine powder is smaller than any I could crush myself and are ideal for tiny mouths.
Also, there is a liquid food called Liquifry. They do a livebearer and an egg bearer bottle.

If the fry are born in a trap, I usually give them a small squirt of liquifry as their first couple of meals then go on to the baby powder until they are large enough to eat the flakes I have crushed myself. :)

what i do is put a pinch of flakes onto a small plate, then grind them in a circular motion with a flat bottomed glass, grind until it's almost a poweder, works perfectly for me btw feed about 2 times a day

Most reactions

Back