From Tropical To Marine

007_gaz

Reaction score
hi, it seem easy to go to tropical to marine but then i noticed its not as easy as it seems. i heard its way more expensive and alot harder in difficulty to maintain, its quite off putting yeah. is it true that u use filter for flow only and that u should remove media as its no good in marine tank? its said your live rocks are the filter when tank is ready. care to share a bit more. its like a nightmare lol i should stick to tropical for life lol

Hello and welcome to the almost salty side.

First question, Size of tank?

Yes you can use a filter, making sure you remove the media as it makes nitrates and you don't want that.

the tank i was thinking of using is 32inches long, 14inches wide and 18inches high. for ages i wanted to try marine but tropical easier to keep the reason im staying tropical until very sure about marine keeping. i like where u can have an intresting choice of cleaning crew and colourful fish like that clownfish. but at beginner level i feel a disaster could happen lol i dont want to rush it at the moment.

That tank isn't all that big for a first marine tank - it's a bit over 130L. Not a bad starting size, but also in mind that larger volumes of water, although more expensive to set up, are more forgiving for beginners. closer to 200L is usually considered a better starting size, although it is increasingly common to start smaller. Regardless of the size  though, the key part of success with any marine system is to read extensively about a topic before committing to anything.

Most reactions

Back