Frog Update

andywg

Bored into leaving
Reaction score
Well, I went mad with the camera today, and so have plenty of pics of the frog (who poses like no other fish). There's even a couple with him luring.

100_4070.jpg

100_4071.jpg

100_4072.jpg

100_4075.jpg

100_4131.jpg

100_4132.jpg

100_4133.jpg

100_4134.jpg

100_4135.jpg

100_4136.jpg

100_4137.jpg

100_4138.jpg

And a couple of the rockwork

100_4074.jpg

100_4073.jpg

Enjoy!

It is a frogfish, related to the deep sea anglers. Scientific name is Antennarius striatus an extremely piscivorous fish. At around 3" it has started taking 2" lancefish in one bite.

isnt this the reason why we take on aquariums as a hobby, because new and interesting things pop up all the time, such a unique creature that usually lives.. far far in the deep we can now have in our household just to watch for our own enjoyment and with alot of care they can have a good and long life. This is what this hobbyy is all about.. new and interesting thing.. .good post :)

that is gorgeous :drool: , i bet it rearly rare, i certainly havnt seen 1 about b4.
if you dont mind me asking , how much did he cost?

Indeed it is fairly rare in the trade, though I am not sure about living in the deep, as it is found at a depth from 1 to 69 metres deep (it is only related ( as in belonging to the same order of Lophiiformes) to the deep sea angler, it does not live with them).

It cost the princely sum of £35.

I luv this fish different and interesting- i luv his little hands :wub: ive seen the video of this fish eating-amazing-great little fish £35 bargain imo

Well, got some vids of the little blighter luring, including one where he does it for food (well, he is actually asking for food on all the other ones...greedy sod).

LOL thats Great. What a greedy little guy, waving his lure about like he is at the world cup.

What do you feed him Andy? Ever try little kids fingers? :sick:

He is currently feeding on Tesco's prawns, some 2-2.5" Sprats (Sprattus sprattus) and the larger bits in a tub of marine mix (flakes and freeze dried stuff).

He has now learned that the feeding stick brings food, so is immediately interested in it, even if it is empty.

Most reactions

Back